Wow! I can’t believe I have been nominated for any kind of award, especially an award given to bloggers from bloggers.
It feels extra special being recognized and appreciated by my peers. I love the community here at WordPress!
Sincere thanks to Nicole Davis for nominating me. I think her blog is great! Check it out here: http://triumphantwings.wordpress.com
I am truly honored and maybe a little overwhelmed.
~The first part of the process is to state 11 facts about myself. They just rolled off my fingers; but when I press the publish button, everyone will know 11 very personal things about me. That’s the overwhelming part; but, I guess the whole purpose of my blog is to share. So here goes:
11 Facts about myself
1) I have mental illnesses.
2) I am a child of an alcoholic.
3) I was physically abused by my grandmother.
4) My mother divorced my father when I was 8 years old.
5) I survived many different accounts of sexual abuse.
6) I was in a drug rehabilitation/treatment center when I was 15 years old until I was 17.
7) I grew up wanting to be a movie star and super model.
8) I was a showgirl for 13 years.
9) I am a spiritual person; but I am confused about religion.
10) I miss my mom terribly and my life will never be the same without her.
11) I adore my daughter and being a mom is the greatest gift that ever has been granted to me.
~Phew! Okay, now for the second part. I have to answer 11 questions given to me by my lovely nominator.
11 questions for me
1) What is your simple pleasure in life? That one thing that puts a smile on your face.
It’s difficult to name one simple pleasure, as I am a big believer in enjoying every moment possible. Soaking up the simple pleasures in life is my fuel through the darker days. I guess if I have to name just one, and the simplest, it would be listening to the birds. I hang feeders and love to watch them; but just the sound of their songs can lighten my heart.
2) If you could talk to one dead person who would it be? Why?
Well, this one is easy for me. It would be my mom. She was my best friend, my comrade and my soul mate. It’s so hard raising my daughter without advice from my mother. It’s hard living life in general with out her advice, her laugh and her spirit.
3) What is one thing you have lost that you wish you had back?
All the years that I had no self confidence.
4) If you were in your dream home, describe how the view from your back window would differ from your current view.
I am a lot happier now that I have moved into a house with a yard as my back view as opposed to my old beach apartment overlooking the Casino Ballroom (concert hall and arcade). I would love to see a garden, a waterfall and more trees.
5) Do you share your blog with family/friends in real life?
No, not yet. It took me so long to get over what random readers would think of me. I am not ready to expose my deepest self to criticism from family and friends just yet.
6) Do you have any annoying habits?
Smoking cigarettes. Though I quit last April…I relapse and smoke here and there. My mom died of lung cancer. I have asthma. I hate cigarettes and it disgusts me that I give in to those urges at all.
7) What habit do you find the most annoying in other people?
Besides the obvious…smoking cigarettes. It angers me when people are judgmental. We all have room to improve in this area. Like the adage states, “Don’t judge a book by it’s cover.”
8) What is one life event you never saw coming?
At the risk of sounding redundant, I have to say my mom’s passing. Actually to be more specific, my mom’s diagnosis. When I took her to the emergency room for diarrhea, I never expected to hear the word tumor.
9) At what age did you truly grow up? If you haven’t yet, what age do you think you will grow up?
I wish to be always growing and never grow up. I hope my inner child never stops learning, loving and playing. I think my 40’s are the wisest years I have had thus far; but, I feel like I have always been grown up in some senses. I had a tough life and grew up fast.
10) If you could go back and tell your younger self one thing, what would it be and why?
Do NOT let life pass you by because you are afraid.
11) Tell us about something that made an impact on your life.
Lots of things impacted my life and shaped me to be who I am today. Though becoming a mom has been the biggest impact on how I live my life everyday, now and forever.
~The third part to being nominated for The Liebster Award is to nominate 11 other bloggers and compose 11 new questions for them.
Here are my nominees. In one set of rules it stated that it should be a blog with under 200 followers. Other sets of rules stated under 1000 followers. I compromised and nominated blogs with under 500 followers.
My 11 nominees:
The 11 questions for the nominees:
1) What is the number one reason you started blogging?
2) If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
3) What is your biggest fear?
4) Do you have a particular coping skill for stress? What is it?
5) If you had a magical power, what would it be?
6) What do you daydream about?
7) If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be? Why?
8) If there was one thing you could secure in your future, what would it be? Why?
9) What is your favorite pastime?
10) Even though you are a relatively new blogger; what advice do you offer to another newbie?
11) What is the most important thing you want to accomplish with your blog?
I can’t wait to read your responses!! I am so grateful for all my wonderful peers. HappyBlogging! 🙂