I can’t begin to explain how much it means to receive so much encouragement from my peers. This blog was in my mind for years before I ever had the courage to start it. If I had known that this wonderful community existed, I may not have waited so long.
Well, without further adieu; a refresher of the rules:
- mention and/or provide a link back to the person that nominated you
- state 11 facts about yourself
- answer 11 questions by your nominator
- nominate 11 other worthy bloggers that have under 200 followers
The 11 facts I stated in my first Liebster were pretty serious; so I’d like to be a little lighter this round.
- My full name is Maria Fairbrother.
- I am a proud mom of a teenage daughter named Serenity (whom isn’t always serene, lol).
- I love nature, I find it very healing.
- I am a big believer in holistic health and the necessary balance of body, mind and spirit.
- I love to write, but sometimes find it difficult and/or draining.
- I enjoy crafts such as, beading, dreamcatchers, drawing, painting, photography (basically any creative outlet).
- I am a cat lover. Though I love all animals, I have owned cats my entire life. Presently I have three.
- I am 46 years old. (ugh that one kinda hurt)
- I enjoy exploring metaphysical studies.
- I like to read. Though, I mostly read self help, philosophy, etc., I recently started reading fiction. I love the escape.
- Speaking of escapes…I secretly love the video game The Sims and play whenever I can.
Aaah, that wasn’t so hard. Now for the questions.
- What time is it where you’re at? Ok, that is easy. It is now 9:41 am.
- What did you want to become when you were 6? – If you still remember… How could I forget? I wanted to be a movie star. It was a dream I pursued for many years and ended up on many different paths because of it.
- Describe your best friend in three words! I have two best friends which sadly I haven’t been in touch with lately. I will fix that! One I have had since 6th grade. I would describe her: Sweet, Funny, Supportive. My other best friend I’ve known for about 20yrs. We have the same birthday; but she is 11yrs older. She is Spiritual, Wise, Fun
- What has been your biggest challenge in life so far? Another two part answer. I’ve been through several traumas; but, my mother’s death was the hardest. The biggest challenge has been putting my life back together since with a heightened awareness of my mental disorders.
- Are you happy? Ironic, my daughter asked me the same thing last night. Yes. I am happy that I am living the best possible life I can and will continue to improve it.
- Do you have allergies? Yup. I have asthma. I am allergic to many animals. (I know, I shouldn’t have cats), also pollen and dust.
- What is your favorite dish? Well, a full one is always good! But seriously I love spanokopita. It’s a greek spinach and cheese pie.
- You’re in an amusement park: what ride are you afraid of? Love the roller coaster but strangely enough on the ferris wheel I always get a little nauseous. I think it’s the height.
- Do you believe in love at first sight? Yes, but unfortunately that stage of love doesn’t last long.
- Describe your first kiss! Playing spin the bottle with my best friend and our “boyfriends.” Unfortunately, she ended up kissing my boyfriend and I ended up kissing hers for our first kisses!
- What is the first thing you think about when I say / write “Belgium”? Mmmm. The Belgium chocolate stash I have in the freezer. Excuse me for a minute.
Okay, now that I got my chocolate fix, here are my 11 nominees and their questions:
- What is your biggest joy?
- Who is your favorite superhero? Why?
- If you could change one thing in the world, what would it be?
- What is your favorite song?
- Do you have a hobby? What is it?
- If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be?
- If you had the chance to speak with any dead person, who would it be?
- What do you do to relax?
- What do you do to motivate?
- Describe in three words your future self.
- Why do you blog?
That shoud do it. Thanks again to Lyralla and all of my blogging peers! 🙂