Thanks so much Ms. Ethel Duck! Your blog Diary of a Recovering Codependent is truly inspiring. I am honored to receive this award from you.
This award isn’t like the others and is special to me because it acknowledges being a loyal fan and reader. I do pride myself in trying to keep up with reading the blogs of my peers. It’s challenging at times; but I feel it’s so important to show my respect and support.
If it weren’t for the support of my readers, I am not sure I’d be blogging still. It’s their loyalty that keeps me sustained.
Here are the rules to accepting the award:
1) DISPLAY THE AWARD CERTIFICATE ON YOUR WEBSITE
2) ANNOUNCE YOUR WIN WITH A POST AND LINK TO WHOEVER PRESENTED YOUR AWARD
3) PRESENT 15 AWARDS TO DESERVING BLOGGERS
4) DROP THEM A COMMENT TO TIP THEM OFF AFTER YOU’VE LINKED THEM IN THE POST
5) POST 7 INTERESTING THINGS ABOUT YOURSELF
I apologize for bending the rules; but, it was impossible for me to list only 15 and very difficult to stop at 20. Whether you frequently like my posts, or comment in times of need; I thank each and every one of you that has stopped to read my words.
Here are but a few of you:
The next part of accepting this award is to list 7 interesting facts about me. I’m not sure what constitutes interesting; but, here goes:
- My name: I am named after the Virgin Mary. Maria is the greek version of Mary. I also don’t have a middle name, because it’s greek tradition to use your father’s name; but, my mother protested. My greek last name is Kritos; however, when my grandparents came to America it was misspelled in translation and became Kriton. I use my mother’s maiden name Fairbrother. I always thought Maria Fairbrother would be a great name if I had made it as an actress.
- When I was 8yrs old, I decided I wanted to be a movie star. A dream I carried well into my adulthood.
- I attended both Modeling and Acting school. I worked as a model for many years, hoping it would lead me to an acting career.
- When I was 22yrs old, my movie star ambitions derailed; and I became an exotic dancer. I climbed this career ladder for 16yrs, and worked as a burlesque style showgirl traveling across the country.
- I was 25 when I moved to Hampton Beach, Nh. to perform in a Hypnosis show based on Star Trek. My hypnosis partner would later become my daughter’s grandfather. We also traveled to La to perform in Star Trek conventions where I had the oppurtunity to meet some of Star Trek’s cast members! Seeing Hollywood disillusioned my movie star dreaming heart. It was not as glamorous as I pictured.
- When I moved to Hampton Beach I also opened up a new age shop with my mom. It was called Mystic Visions. My mom did psychic readings and I made and sold candle, soaps, jewelry and more. These were very happy days.
- I met my (hypnosis show) partner’s son and fell in love. At 29 yrs old, I moved to Alaska in hopes of beginning a new phase of life. My relationship didn’t work out but a week after I came back home I found out I was pregnant! A new phase of life indeed!!!
None of these intriguing tidbits beat the fact that at 38yrs old, I lost my mom and had my nervous breakdown, leading me through the most interesting journey of my life. I am grateful you are all here with me. 🙂